Drink in the French countryside with Summer in Provence ($14). Hayman’s Old Tom Gin mingles with house-made rosemary-thyme syrup, crushed blackberries, and a burst of citrus. (Don’t want to make it? Visit Fig & Olive at 151 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach)
This recipe makes one cocktail.
- 2 oz. Hayman’s Old Tom gin
- ¾ oz. Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz. Rosemary Thyme syrup (see recipe below)
- 4 Blackberries
Ingredients for Rosemary Thyme Syrup:
Serving suggestion: Makes about .700ml
- 2 cups of castor sugar
- 2 cups of Hot water
- 5 big sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a large container add hot water to sugar and herbs.
- Stir, then allow to steep for 15 minutes while covered.
- Then, cool, strain and bottle.
- Will keep about a week if refrigerated.
Muddle Blackberries, combine with gin and lemon juice, and shake.
Strain over rocks. Garnish with heated rosemary sprig.