The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children make their first visit to the dentist around the time that their first tooth erupts. That’s why finding a dentist who is skilled, experienced and gentle with young children is so important. Dr. Rita Daghlian is a trusted, board-certified pediatric dentist who is also a mom herself; she treats each of her young patients with the gentleness and compassion she shows her own twin boys, Jake and Nicholas.
“I don’t believe a child has to cry or feel frightened when they come to the dentist,” says Dr. Daghlian. “Our practice is focused on making sure our young patients feel at home and comfortable from the moment they arrive.”
Dr. Daghlian’s meticulously decorated Newport Beach practice feels more like a dental home than a sterile dentist’s office, and provides the kind of kid-friendly perks like interactive iPad stations that make coming to the dentist fun.
A naval veteran, Dr. Daghlian completed her dental school training at USC and went on to practice pediatric dentistry in a hospital setting. Her impressive academic background includes numerous awards and honors. Today, she practices alongside her husband who is a skilled orthodontist, and is able to offer her patients comprehensive dental care from childhood through young adulthood.
“Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with the families we serve,” she says.
- Certificate of Advanced Pediatric Dentistry
- Children’s Hospital San Diego, Health Center
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of Southern California, School of Dentistry
- B.A., Kinesiology (Departmental Honors)
- Los Angeles Occidental College
Honors and Awards
- Navy Health Professional Scholarship Program
- G.P.R. – Highest ranked resident with early Navy promote
- Certified in Intravenous Sedation
- U.S.C. Periodontal Department Award
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Women’s Dental Society
360 San Miguel, Suite 508
Newport Beach, CA 92660