Orange Coast magazine is looking for a creative, organized and experienced Staff Photographer. The ideal candidate should have a dynamic, sophisticated style and a deep appreciation and understanding of Orange County. This is a 32 hour/week position with salary and benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/etc.) at our office in Irvine.
- Shooting a wide variety of subjects, including portraits, fashion, food, still life and events, requiring a range of technical complexity, from natural light to flash and studio lighting techniques.
- Conceptualizing, planning, organizing and carrying out photo shoots, both independently and in collaboration with the editorial team.
- Sourcing props, maintaining onsite photo studio and equipment, and traveling to locations across Orange County as needed for location scouting, supplies and shoots.
- Editing, processing, delivering and archiving images in a timely manner, while maintaining the highest level of quality, production, organization and brand consistency.
- Adhering to deadline-based assignment and art tracking systems, and attending weekly art and editorial planning meetings.
- 3+ years editorial experience, magazine experience preferred.
- Professional photography portfolio showing an expert-level knowledge of digital photography, including DSLR functionality, standard lighting techniques, composition, capture and processing.
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard processing and imaging software tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, and color correction and retouching.
- Professional understanding of how to direct subjects and experience with arranging still life objects, products, props and backgrounds.
To apply, send inquiry to email@example.com. The application deadline is March 15.