Via her shop Aleph Gallery at Lido Marina Village, owner Mimi El Zein acts as an ambassador for handcrafted home accessories and furnishings. Shoppers will find a carefully curated collection of sculptural and whimsical pieces for their homes; El Zein estimates 95 percent of the items are created by women. “Mostly everything here is handmade,” she says. “We never go to big shows, and we’re always trying to go to the designers’ ateliers and studios directly so we can work one-on-one and curate something special.”
1. CHAIRS | Midcentury-inspired ash wood and straw Summerland armchairs designed by Nada Debs, $3,930
2. TABLE | “I love how this table can extend and cluster to adapt to individual spaces and layouts,” El Zein says. Pebble low table in white marble and stainless steel by Nada Debs, $10,320
3. SCULPTURES | Bird sculptures by artist Safa Al Set, $1,800 to $2,300
4. CANDELABRA | 19th-century French Empire bronze and marble eight-light candelabras (second not pictured), $5,000 for the pair.
5. BENCH | “The fabric is vintage and gathered from all over the world. Each bench is handmade, so no two are alike,” El Zein says. Waiting for Godot bench by Bokja, $4,200