Saturday is National Coffee Day, and while a handful of locations in Orange County will offer deals to get caffeine-lovers the jolt they need to get the weekend started, some local shops might offer a break from the big national brands.
At Neat Coffee in Costa Mesa, Ally Garvin builds community along with coffee.
And some smaller producers that dot OC will celebrate their starts in the county.
At Patch Coffee in Lake Forest, from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, 12-ounce house-made cold brew will be 50 percent off, and 8-ounce drip coffee will be $1.
Here are some larger chains offering deals to celebrate the national day.
- Dunkin Donuts: Buy one hot coffee and get a second one of equal or lesser value for free.
- Krispy Kreme: Simple. Show up at any Krispy Kreme location and get a free coffee.
- McDonald’s: No specific National Coffee Day deals, but the chain does offer general coffee deals available Saturday.
- Starbucks: The company is focused on providing continued assistance to help Puerto Rico recover after the devastation of Hurricane Maria one year ago, where the coffee industry was decimated. It will donate 2 million coffee seeds to help rebuild.
- Keurig: The company will offer 20 percent off its coffee pods Sept. 28-30 on its website.
- Barnes & Noble Cafe: Get a free tall cup of hot or iced coffee.
Here are some more ways to explore Orange County’s expanding coffee scene.