Chef Zach Geerson of Citizen Kitchen substitutes watermelon for raw tuna in this refreshing and cleverly executed dish.
- Freshly diced watermelon is vacuum-sealed and left to marinate in the freezer. This breaks down its texture, making
it similar to silky-smooth tuna.
- Delicate pieces of torched rice paper serve as crispy contrasts.
- A garnish of basil and parsley offers earthy aromatics and a flavor blend
of bitter and sweet.
- Crème fraîche—mixed with avocado, wasabi, and lime—adds a nice boost of acidity.
- Sesame seeds create texture while also mimicking the look of white watermelon seeds.
$9, 1500 Raymond Ave., Fullerton 714‑635-9000, ckfullerton.com