Beach Live will serve these colorful uni rice bowls at OC Night Market this August.
1. Sea urchin is harvested off the shores of San Clemente and Santa Barbara by a local fleet.
2. Beach Live owner Allen Lee has a strict policy of serving fresh uni—no more than two days old—ensuring it’s sweet and creamy.
3. Short-grain rice sprinkled with furikake seasoning helps tone down the rich, briny taste of the uni.
4. Sweet-and-sour pickled red radish adds bite and acidity.
5. Five types of masago, including one that’s wasabi-flavored, create pops of color.