While not all of us can deck the halls quite like the Disneyland Resort with its 60-foot tall Christmas tree, 10,000 poinsettias, and 220 garlands, you can still bring a little magic home this season. The Resort Enhancement team at Disneyland shares 8 easy ways you can add some festive cheer to your home during the holidays.
- Head to a local Christmas tree lot and ask for extra pieces of greenery. Arrange the greenery in a circle on a table and place a pillar candle in the middle. Add a few ornaments, to finalize a beautiful holiday centerpiece. Not only will it look great, but it will also add natural fragrance to the room.
- Fill assorted apothecary jars with colorful holiday candy.
- Customize plain pillar candles with colorful ribbon trim, wrapped around their bases.
- Fill a bowl with pinecones, acorns and greenery. This is a simple way to make a beautiful holiday centerpiece.
- Dress up inexpensive garland with artificial berries and pinecones and then place on top of a mirror.
- Place a wreath on top of a table and put a pillar candle in the middle to create an easy centerpiece. Add battery powered fairy lights to give it an extra glow.
- Add holiday candles throughout your home. It will appeal to another sense and provide that extra special seasonal touch.
- Always remember, safety first. Don’t leave candles burning unattended. Or, opt for flameless flickering candles.