Beginners are introduced to the basics of throwing on a potter’s wheel.
Everyday Creative Ceramics
Create your own utilitarian and decorative ceramic pieces for everyday use. Techniques used include hand-building, wheel-throwing, and the Buncheong technique, a special decoration skill with white slip, rooted in Korean traditional pottery.
Create a variety of multidisciplinary art projects using watercolor, acrylic painting, color pencil, and ceramics.
Boro + Shashiko
Learn basic hand-sewing techniques in the context of this traditional Japanese practice of mending.
Stippling Drawing Techniques
Create a portrait, still life, or abstract drawing using a technique that renders soft gradient textures.
Meld color images together to create a collage.
Introduction to Bookbinding
Learn the four staple structures of the bookbinding world: the pamphlet stitch, two versions of one-sheet wonders, and a concertina.
Read more from our Arts Preview 2022 feature!
- OCMA’s New Home
- International Appeal of the Barclay
- Upcoming Music and Dance Programs for Kids at Casa Romantica
- Outside SCR: South Coast Repertory’s Partnership with Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Heartbeat of Mexico at Musco Center for the Arts
- 5 Questions With Concertmaster Dennis Kim