- This event has passed.
The 38th Baroque Music Festival
June 17, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - June 24, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
This year’s annual Baroque Music Festival, Corona del Mar, features a charming French repertoire in a program cast as “French Fare with a Dash of Handel” that is sure to delight. Set in a delicious menu of five individual concerts within an 8‐day period – June 17–24, 2018 – an extraordinary mix of Baroque musicians will perform at three select venues in Corona del Mar and Newport Beach.
Parisian Divertissements – Sunday, June 17th at 4:00 PM – St. Mark Presbyterian Church
- Elizabeth Blumenstock leads the Festival Orchestra in a mélange of French concertos by Rebel and Leclair, plus Corelli’s Christmas Concerto and Rameau’s ballet suites.
Bach and the French Style – Monday, June 18th at 8:00 PM – St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church
- A recital by extraordinary organist Jonathan Dimmock, cofounder of the American Bach Soloists, and the first American to hold the prestigious position of Organ Scholar of Westminster Abbey.
Stylus Phantasticus – Wednesday, June 20th at 8:00 PM – Sherman Library & Gardens
- Harmonically adventurous and texturally rich chamber music from Becker, Biber, Scheidt, Schein and Schmelzer.
Les Petits Concerts – Friday, June 22nd at 8:00 PM – Sherman Library & Gardens
- Elizabeth Blumenstock (violin), David Shostac (flute), Andrew McIntosh (violin, viola), Michael Kaufman (cello) and Lara Wickes (oboe) perform chamber works by Boismortier, Guilleman and Telemann.
Festival Finale: Handel’s ‘Orlando’ – Sunday, June 24th at 4:00 PM – St. Mark Presbyterian Church
- A spirited concert version of this charming opera with the Festival Orchestra, sopranos Amanda Keenan and Josefien Stoppelenburg, alto Robin Bier, countertenor Clifton Massey and bass Graham Bier, accompanied by an entertaining narrative.
The Baroque Music Festival offers a subscription for all five concerts at $280 that includes priority seating at each event and a private post‐concert dinner following the Festival Finale on Sunday, June 24th. Additional information about the 2018 Baroque Music Festival, as well as ticket sales for this year’s series or single concerts (ranging from $30 to $50), may be found at the Festival website — www.bmf‐cdm.org — or by calling (949) 760‐7887.