Both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are set to reopen April 30 while the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29. Here is what we know about the phased reopening so far:
- There will be a reservation system limited to California residents.
- The parks will operate at 15 percent capacity, in accordance with state guidelines. Enhanced safety measures will also be in place such as mandatory face coverings (for guests 2 and older).
- Expect to see characters in new ways in order to promote physical distancing.
- Parades, fireworks, and similar shows will return at a later date. Other experiences and attractions will be modified or unavailable to ensure safety.
- 10,000 cast members (employees) will be returning to work.
- The reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish ride at Fantasyland will debut as Disneyland reopens.
- Prior to April 30, cast members and those from the local community will be invited as the first park guests in more than a year.
- The much-anticipated Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure will open at a later date.
- Alfresco dining will be available at places such as Carthay Circle Lounge.
More details coming soon!