Built on the backs of the O.C. Brewer’s Guild, Beer Week is back! Kicking off the action is the inaugural guild festival, to be held at the gorgeous Fullerton Arboretum on Saturday, June 11. More than 30 O.C. breweries will be on site, pouring specialties, one-offs, and even rarities. Beer-centric, chef-driven restaurants also will be on hand, serving complimentary bites to pair perfectly with the venue, which will have educational talks (with me hosting), nature walks, and bacon socks.
Featured beers at the Guild Festival:
- Noble Ale Works, recently crowned World Beer Cup 2016 Champion Brewery and Brewmaster, will be pouring all three of their World Beer Cup winners: “I Love It” IPA, “Gosebusters,” and “Nobility”.
- Bottle Logic Brewing will be pouring “Fundamental Observation,” a barrel-aged imperial stout with vanilla beans, which is currently ranked the 24th best beer in the world by BeerAdvocate.com.
- Bootleggers Brewery will be pouring “Fuzzy Ninja,” a Black IPA, a 2016 silver medal winner at the Los Angeles International Beer Competition, and bronze medal winner at the San Diego International Beer Competition.
- Barley Forge will be bringing a brand-new offering, “Le Gard Pas,” a biere de mars, as well as “One Louder,” a Double IPA featuring Nelson Sauvin hops.
- The Good Beer Co. is pouring “Orieta,” a dry hopped gose-style beer with lemon and lime zest, as well as special pours from three liter bottles.
- The Bruery will be pouring “Black Tuesday,” a 19.9 percent ABV bourbon barrel aged imperial stout.
- Public debut of Chapman Crafted Beer, Orange’s latest brewery that is opening soon.
- Several breweries, such as Barley Forge, are making special, one-time batches with ingredients grown at the Fullerton Arboretum.
Beer week details will be revealed as the 6/11 date approaches, stay tuned for a flurry of beer events in your neighborhood, and don’t miss out on the guild festival!