* * * SOLD OUT * * *
Orange Coast’s Best Restaurants Celebration Dinner
Thursday, May 6th & Friday, May 7th
Join us for a special al fresco dining experience at Sherman Gardens to honor a selection of Orange Coast Magazine’s 2020 and 2021 Best New Restaurants in Orange County. There is a new format to the celebration so please read the below carefully.
This year with the help of participating restaurants and chefs, we created a 6-course prix fixe dinner menu. Every seat at the table will enjoy dishes curated by the restaurants listed below along with desserts, red and white wine, beer, and a selection of signature cocktails provided by The House of Suntory. This is a seated dinner event, each course and beverages will be brought to the table. Masks must be worn when not seated at dinner table. Social distancing and proper spacing will be enforced.
This is a two night event – Thursday, May 6th and Friday, May 7th with two arrival times to choose from 5:30 pm or 6:30 pm. Each night and each arrival time has limited tables available. When purchasing table, please make sure of which night and which seating time is selected.
Location: Sherman Library & Gardens (2647 East Coast Hwy, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625)
Parking: Self-parking available on-site.
Attire: Garden Chic
Table Prices: Tables are sold with 2, 4, or 6 seats. No individual tickets are sold. This is to ensure guests feel comfortable and safe with others in party. There are only 100 seats available a night. Tables will sell out!
- Table for 2: $300
- Table for 4: $600
- Table for 6: $900
- Sapphire (2021 Best New Restaurant) | Chef Jared Cook and Russ Bendel
- Serving: Jumbo Lump Crab & Heirloom Beets w/ ruby star grapefruit, filbert crumble, capers, avocado, charred lemon shallot gastrique
- Fable & Spirit (2020 Restaurant of the Year) | Chef David Shofner and Coyle Family
- Serving: Fried Green Tomatoes w/ compressed watermelon, pickled ramps, chevre crema, spring garlic pistou, olive oil snow
- Terrace by Mix Mix (2019 Best New Restaurant) and Mix Mix Kitchen Bar (2017 Restaurant of the Year) | Chef Ross Pangilinan
- Serving: Crudo – Hamachi, tuna, salmon avocado, jalapeno, tomato, radish, puffed rice, herbs, calamansi soy vinaigrette
- Cafe Jardin (Host Location) | Chef Pascal Olhats and Chef Jessica Roy
- Serving: Chef Jessica Roy’s Herb & Truffle Bisket w/ Chef Pascal Olhats’ Braised Spring Lamb
- Old Brea Chop House (2020 Best New Restaurant) | Owner Tony Fasulo and Chef Masa Ose
- Serving: Ribeye Cap w/ Herb Butter and New Orleans BBQ Shrimp with Piquillo Peppers
- Desserts by Stella Jean Ice Cream & Pop Pie Co.
NIGHT TWO: Friday, May 7, 2021
- Mayfield (2021 Best New Restaurant) | Owner George Barker
- Serving: Baba Ganoush, Hummus, Muhammara, Smashed Cucumbers, Whipped Feta with Focaccia Bread
- The Hall Global Eatery (2020 Best New Restaurant) | Chef Amar Santana and Ahmed Labbate
- Serving: Peruvian Scallops Crudo w/ truffle vinaigrette, celery purée, micro celery, furikake, shaved summer truffles
- Porch & Swing (2021 Restaurant of the Year) | Chef Justin Werner
- Serving: Raw Hamachi w/ bubu, yuzu pearls, micro greens, green beans & maldon salt
- Glasspar (2021 Best New Restaurant) | Chef and Owner Rob Wilson
- Serving: Andy’s Egg – poached egg in its shell laden with uni, caviar, mushroom, purple dragon radish, and toasted garlic
- Benchmark (2020 Best New Restaurant) | Chef Mark Butcher
- Serving: Filet mignon with sunchoke purée, English peas, Fava beans, chorizo, and bacon bordelaise
- Desserts by Urbana Anaheim | Chef Ernie’s Bread Pudding cajeta sauce, bacon, vanilla beam ice cream, edible flower
^Event details and menu items are subject to change without notice. This is a speciality event and we cannot change or make any edits to the menu. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- The tables/dinner will be completely outside. Please dress accordingly as it may get chilly once the sun goes down.
- Masks must be worn when not seated at dinner table. Social distancing and proper spacing will be enforced.
- Must be 21 years or older to attend.
- We recommend using Lyft or Uber. Please drink responsibly.
For more information, questions, and sponsorships, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIGHT 1 – RESTAURANTS
NIGHT 2 – RESTAURANTS
Want to be invited to our parties? Sign up to be an Orange Coast Insider below!