From DIY workshops to drive-thru haunts, here is our weekly roundup of fun things to do in O.C.
- Through Friday, learn about local migratory birds with Irvine Ranch Conservancy’s virtual bird watching event on social media.
- Catch a screening of the Japanese cult classic “Hausu” at Tustin’s Mess Hall. thefridacinema.org
- Start your morning with a yoga session at Casa Romantica. casaromantica.org
- Listen to jazz violinist Mads Tolling at The Muckenthaler Cultural Center’s drive-in jazz series. themuck.org/programing/2020-jazz
- Create an eco-friendly, fall-themed succulent centerpiece with pumpkins and drought-tolerant plants at Sherman Library and Gardens.
- Take an outdoor calligraphy workshop at M. Lovewell in Santa Ana. mlovewell.com
- Decorate a sugar skull to celebrate Dia de Los Muertos on Alta Baja Market’s parklet patio. altabajamarket.com/
- Shop vintage items and handmade goods at the Glitterfest Vintage Faire in Tustin. glitterfest.com
- Register to visit Tanaka Farms’ drive-thru pumpkin farm or book a u-pick pumpkin wagon ride. tanakafarms.com/pumpkin-patch-2020
- Wednesdays through Sundays this month, immerse yourself at the Urban Legends Drive-Thru Haunt at the OC Fair and Event Center, which features live performances, interactive show zones, and special effects. ocfair.com
- On Saturdays, shop from local family farms and artisans at Orange Home Grown Farmers Market. instagram.com/orangehomegrown/
- Try the new fall-themed treats at Downtown Disney. disneyparks.disney.go.com
- Enjoy autumnal flavors during brunch at Outpost Kitchen. outpostkitchen.com/
- Take your date out to Cafe Sevilla for the “Journey Through Spain” five course prix fixe dinner. cafesevilla.com
- Take a ceramics class at Still Life Ceramics, a pop-up studio at Dana Point Harbor. still-life-studio.com/danapoint
- Check out Rodeo 39, Stanton’s newest food hall, during its soft opening. rodeopublicmarket.com/
- Stop by Buenas Coffee in Costa Mesa for the monthly brunch event with pop-up vendors, food trucks, and drink specials. buenas.coffee/about-5
- The last Wednesday of each month, unwind at a yoga class at Sherman Library and Gardens. thesherman.org/calendar/2020-10/
Oct. 23 and 24
Discover the spooky side of nature during “Eerie Evenings in the Gardens,” a Halloween-themed affair at Sherman Library and Gardens. thesherman.org/calendar/
The Oktoberfest event at the open-air food hall Steelcraft Garden Grove includes craft beer, special menu items, and live music. instagram.com/steelcraftgg/
For more events, head to orangecoast.com/events/.