Orange Coast is the premier lifestyle magazine in Orange County, reaching an extraordinary readership in the most affluent part of Southern California. Now celebrating its 43rd year, Orange Coast has informed and entertained its readership with award-winning coverage of the people, places and events that make Orange County unique and vibrant – dining to fashion, home design to the arts, and more. In addition to the main book, Orange Coast also publishes Premiere OC, Design OC, several visitors’ guides and custom projects. Throughout the year, Orange Coast hosts signature events including Best Restaurants Celebration, Top Doctors Reception, Best of Party, OC Look, Whiskey Classic to name a few.
Job Overview: Orange Coast Magazine is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hardworking, and self-motivated individual to retain existing base of clients and grow revenue of existing and new potential customers by assessing their business needs and meeting company revenue expectations. To be a successful member of the Orange Coast Magazine advertising team, the desired Account Executive needs to be professional, ethical and able to build long-term business relationships with prospective and active advertising clients while representing the Orange Coast Magazine brand within the community.
This position will report directly to the Publisher.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Expand sales by bringing new advertisers to the magazine, digital services and events
• Build and generate ongoing customer relationships in order to provide strategic marketing plans in order to meet customer’s sales expectations
• Seek custom publishing and non-traditional revenue sales
• Establish and develop client relationships, contact key accounts, work with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
• Generate packages, negotiate advertising rates, direct creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations
• Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth
• Attain individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals
• Other job-related functions as required
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
• Strong persuasive communication skills
• Proven track record of excellence in sales process and revenue gains
• Exercise independent judgment and handle variety of duties
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven track record of accuracy to detail and timeliness
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work through challenges with costs, budgets, sales strategy and digital and print media
• Research problems and provide solutions to clients
• Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, CRM and Word preferred
Desired Skills & Experience: College degree or equivalent advertising/media sales experience of five or more years required.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.